My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goals, Goals, Goals....


2011 Goals

If anyone doesn't know this already, then let me remind you that I am *CRAZY* I absolutely LOVE to make goals. Even if I don't achieve all my goals, I still love to make them.

So... I've broken down my 2011 Goals into 4 categories:


Spiritual




Physical




Family



Work

____________________________________________________________________

Simple Version:

Spiritual Goals: Pray and Read Scriptures *Daily*

Physical Goals: Eat Healthy and Exercise *Daily*

Family: Spend Time Together and Talk *Daily*

Work: Smile and Serve *Daily*

_____________________________________________________________________

More In~Depth Version:

Spiritual

Spiritual: When things seem to be "off" in my life, the first thing I know that is WRONG is... I've gotten out of the routine of praying and letting my Heavenly Father help me along this journey called "Life". Every time I think I can walk this journey alone, I am smacked up~side the head. I think I have learned *ENOUGH* I do not want to walk alone, and I am ready to SUBMIT and let my Heavenly Father lead me. Therefore, I must remember to pray OFTEN... and read the scriptures DAILY. I have been thinking about this scripture:

Mosiah 3:19

For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

I could spend eternity reflecting on this scripture, instead I will just try to remember it often and know that being as a little child is honorable and just what my Heavenly Father wants me to be. And... when I compare myself to God, then I begin to understand how limited my knowledge is, and how in the grand scheme of things... I know NOTHING. My little mind can NOT begin to comprehend the things of eternity.

So many more thoughts on Spiritual Goals, but I truly believe that if I can remember to *PRAY* and *READ* daily that my life will run smoother.

_____________________________________________________________________

Physical


Where do I begin... I *LOVE* my body. I have got to remind myself that I love my body no matter what. It does NOT matter if I weigh 200 pounds or 100 pounds I must LOVE and appreciate my body.

Most people know how much I have struggled with good eating habits and weight. So every year I set the goal to eat healthier and exercise.

My Physical goals are actually very simple when I think about it:

*Healthy Foods*

*Exercise*

*Be Intuitive*

Obviously I've been exercising a little, since I was able to become an Ironman Finisher *Smile* But the biggest lesson learned from this was... Maybe I haven't had nutrition problems kick me in the butt during Sprint, Olympic, or even Half-Ironman distances, but Boy~oh~Boy did they kick me in the butt during a Full Ironman.

So, I need a PLAN. Hahahahaha... "THE - PLAN" What's a goal without a PLAN??? My famous words... Whit and Ben? What's your plan? My kids dread hearing this. What's the plan? What's your plan? ***Please remember that I KNOW*** "The Plan" is subject to change. SO....... GET ON WITH IT... Make your !@#$%^ PLAN!!!

My Plan......................................................................... INSANITY IS... DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. -Einstein

I've mentioned this before. So... Why I am mentioning this again??? because MY PLAN ISN'T WORKING.... Therefore, I must make a NEW plan by reflecting on what isn't working....

Along with "The Plan", I would also like to be more intuitive. I felt like I did a great job in 2010 with intuitively exercising. I actually did NOT push my body too hard, and I stayed injury free and had my best exercising year ever. I would also like to really eat more intuitively. Listen to my body and when it's hungry, thirsty, tired, Listen... and feed what needs to be fed.

Again so many more thoughts on Physical Goals, I need to remember to listen to my body and be *Intuitive*
_______________________________________________________________

Family

Oh! How I LOVE my family!!! They are the BEST! My children are absolutely amazing. I love having a 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old son, 10th grade and 6th grade. Seriously... what fun ages!!!

My family goals are:

To spend more time together as a family. I need to be more diligent about making sure that we are involved in more family activities together. This means bringing Ben to Whitney's soccer games or bringing Whitney to Ben's soccer games. This means going to movies together as a family, not just sending them to a movie with Randy :)

I am so happy that we have already been trying to spend more time reading the scriptures together. Yay! Both Ben and Whitney have goals to accomplish in church. They both begin with having Faith and Reading the Scriptures. We are truly going to try to read the Book of Mormon as a family this year.

2011 = Read the Book of Mormon as a Family

I am really excited about this. I hadn't realized that Whitney hadn't read it all the way through. She really wants to read it, so do Randy, Ben, and I absolutely LOVE the Book of Mormon. I am excited to read both the Book of Mormon and the New Testament.

Along with spending time with family, reading the Book of Mormon, we need to TALK to each other. Yes, TALK... Talk and Listen... In the car, after school, in the evening, whenever. But SLOW down and talk and listen to one another.

My personal "talking" goal is: Use a softer tone and be a better listener. AND NEVER... use the *F* Bomb. LOL! Ok.. so Ben used the *F* bomb for the first time last week (actually caught) and I really was ashamed that I use it. So, I am really committing to not using the *F* bomb any more.
_____________________________________________________________________

Work

And finally............................................................. Work

I have been thinking a lot about my job lately. I was so EXCITED to go to Biztown at Discovery Gateway with my students. This really re~motivated me to just *TEACH* Through Junior Achievement, students were given an opportunity to visit an imaginary city and have a job for a day. It was an incredible experience.

I truly, truly feel so grateful to have the job that I have. I get the privilege of truly making a difference each and every day. I must honor and cherish this. I get to serve others. I get to help students learn and inspire them to reach for great~ness! I LOVE IT!!!

What I don't love... the other blah that goes along with being a public school teacher. I don't even want to state the things that "bug" me.

I do know what I can do to make my job better:

It begins with bringing a *SMILE* to work each and every day. Rain or Shine... SMILE

I must, must, MUST keep a *positive* attitude at work. Which means shutting my mouth and being a team player often. Even if I don't agree... PICK my BATTLES wisely.

I cannot change others, but I am in charge of myself and my own attitude. So don't let others influence or change my LOVE for my students and my JOB.

***************************************************************************************

Life is GOOD! 2011 will be GREAT!!!





No comments: