My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Last Lecture ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

My links haven't been working, so I hope this one does... I'm reading the Last Lecture. It's wonderful. There are so many excellent thoughts and things I would love to do with my kids and in my own life. What a fascinating person: Randy Pausch

I feel like things are landing in my lap just at the right time.

A few other books that I'd like to either read or finish reading over this 2 week break from school:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Feel The Fear and Do it Anyway Susan Jeffers
The new Warren Buffet Book: http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2008/09/28/Warren-Buffett-Snowball-Review

The Tale of Despereaux Kate Dicamillo
Book of Mormon :>)

Lots of others... I am sure I won't achieve the goal of reading all these books, but I've sure enjoyed reading lately, and I've been watching more biographies on the Biography Channel website and on You~Tube... They have some great short bio's.

Life is really SO GOOD! My kids are doing great. Ben just had his 10th birthday. 10... 10... 10

I can't believe my baby is 10. It's really quite scary. My kids are growing up so quickly. I keep thinking about all the things I'd like to do with them and teach them, but like my books, there's no way I'll get to all of them.

I am realizing more and more the biggest "DUH" of parenting... ME... Being a good example to my children. So... I guess I'll keep working on me and trying to be a better example to my children.

Feeling pretty hopeful... Looking forward to our next U.S. President Barack Obama!

No comments: