My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Just Write

I'm not exactly sure what I want to write about today, but I just want to get in a better habit of writing even if I have nothing to say.

I am out of school. Woo-Hoo!!! The funny thing is... I've been at school every day this week. It has been really nice though. I am determined this summer to keep my kids busy and in a routine. So, I've been bringing them into my classroom to work on math, reading, keyboarding, and writing. So far, it's really worked! My daughter has been babysitting my nieces, so she hasn't come in very much with me, but my son has come in with me every day. I feel like a stay at home mommy! During the summers I do get to be one. Although, it's a hard adjustment to go back and forth. I've really appreciated this year being able to pick my kids up right after school on most days too.

I actually coached my son's soccer team this past year, and that was a TOTAL nightmare, but in a way, I am glad I got the chance to do it. I am also his cubscout leader. I've been driving my daughter to soccer practices that are about a half an hour away. I feel like that gave us more time together, but I am THRILLED that she will be playing on a team that is closer to our home next year. YEA!!! She can probably ride her bike to practice.

I've read a few books in the past few months:

Body Surfing by Anita Shreve


I don't know why I liked this book so much. But I did! I think, because it was so easy to read. It started out kind of slow, but I really enjoyed the ending. I put more books by this author on hold at the library, and I really can't wait to read them.

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

I liked this novel a lot too. The most profound thing I got out of this book was a new perspective on affairs. I found this book even changing my opinion about affairs. Not that I suddenly think they are ok. NO! But... I do think I can see how some marriages can survivie an affair. My opinion before this novel was, if you cheat on your spouse, then there is no way you can remain married because you simply cannot trust them ever again. Well... maybe there is a way you could.

I am almost done with Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjlian

I have had the hardest time reading and enjoying this book. It's long and a smaller font. LOL!!! No really... it' s just a lot about social issues that just don't really interest me. But... I have enjoyed the relationships between the girls and their fathers. I find myself enjoying it a little more as the book goes on, but overall, I dont' really like it and this has been my least favorite of the three books.

I have really enjoyed checking books out from the library online. I haven't really been much of a reader in the past, which is so funny, because I love teaching reading, but just didn't feel like I had the time to read much. Plus... I feel like I read really slow. I don't know if I am afraid I am going to miss something or not understand something, or if I am overanalzying the story like I do with many things in my life.





No comments: