My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Obscurity D & C 1:30

This is sooooo COOL and Heavenly Father IS in Charge, and I need to pay more attention to His blessings and miracles.

So... I wanted to start reading the D & C earlier this week. I keep opening my scriptures and end up going to the B of M where I didn't quite finish it.

This AM I've been "playing" on the computer on Facebook and my Blog and Spark People, and I had a hard time reading the scriptures.

I got an email from my friend Rachael, and I read the first section of the Doctorine and Covenants.

I've been obsessed with the word Obscure this morning. Anyone notice??? LOL!

Then... sure enough... In D & C 1:30 what should appear??? The word obscurity...

"And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of OBSCURITY and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not indvidually-"

I Believe!!!

1 comment:

mama fish said...

Thanks for your comment. You are a wise woman with a great hat, might I add. It looks like you had a great holiday. I hope 2009 is wonderful for you and your family. See you soon!
Julie