My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Heart Association 5K


My uncle died last year of a Severe Heart Attack and had unknown heart problems... So this was a very fun run!!!

I had a great time at the Utah Heart Association Walk / Run. I woke my son up and brought him along. They were supposed to do a kids 1 mile run, but they decided that was too long. So... he did a little "kid's dash". It was fun! I did the 5K. It was a lot of fun too. I was hoping to go under 24 minutes, but I went about 24:30. I don't know my official time. I am just NOT a sprinter. I did get the Gold medal for my age group. It was even ages 30-39. So... that was fun!!! My daughter had an incredible soccer game yesterday. She made 2 absolutely phenomenal saves. Then... later we went to the U of U football game. They won! My son was so tired though from getting up early to go to the run, he was GRUMPY!

No comments: