My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Acting on Promptings...

I really need to reflect on yesterday's experience. I had an "ok" feeling day for most of the day. I went to my son's soccer game, and he did a great job. I walked up to the store with my kids and blew up on my daughter, which reminds me that there is still a lot of anger inside me (duh) that I'd like to slowly rid myself of. I was feeling a little anxious and bored. I started wanting to snack really badly.

Then, my daughter got a call from her cousin and asked if she could go sleep over. I said it would be fine. My brother lives about 25-30 minutes away. I didn't really want to drive alone. I knew that my husband had things to do. I asked if he wanted to go, but he didn't. So, then I just thought I'd text Trishelle and see if she wanted to just ride out there with me.

She said sure and came with me. It was great! We went out there, then I called Randy and he said that he and the boys were going to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks, but it didn't start until 9:45. It was now about 6:45. I had forgotten that I needed to get my nieces birthday presents for the party today. I asked Trishelle if she wanted to come shopping with me. I knew that we probably wouldn't get back until about 8:30 or 9:00. Then I remembered that there was an LDS 12 step meeting at 7:30. Acting on a prompting, I decided to ask Trishelle if she wanted to go. She said sure. She's such a good sport. The only problem was... I didn't know the exact address. I kept trying to call home, but no one would answer. I knew about where it was and it was going to start in just a few minutes. Trishelle tried to call her house, but nobody could help her. Then, finally I got my step-son Zach's number and he was able to give me the address. I was 1 block off. The meeting was on Main Street and I thought it was on State Street.

Anyway... Trishelle and I were able to make it to the meeting. We were the only 2 people there. It was really neat though. Trishelle has never shared before in a meeting, and she was able to share last night, because no one else was there. It was really sweet and thoughtful. I am so glad we were there.

Then, afterwards we were able to go shopping and get my nieces some really cute new clothes for their birthdays. Trishelle seemed to have a good time, and I really appreciated her coming along with me.

I got home right around 9:35. Really... that is exactly my bedtime. I had talked to Randy on his cell phone, and I knew they were getting ready to go into the movie. The movie theater is only about 10 blocks away. So, I decided to jump in my car (acting on a prompting again) and go over to the movie theater. I am so glad I went! I love my boys so much, and it was wonderful to spend time with them at the theater. I even enjoyed the movie and stayed awake through most of it.

I am really thankful for my experiences yesterday and for all the people that surround me that love and support me. I can already feel the blessings coming into my life as I try to make changes in myself for the better.

No comments: