My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What a Week!

What a week! The last week has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. Many ups and downs, and A LOT of healing and dealing. I am learning to start really dealing and listening to my feelings and emotions. I haven't realized how much I was avoiding this until recently. That some issues as much as you want to deny that they still impact your life... still impact your life, and they need to be dealt with. I have learned that I use humor and sarcasm a lot to "deal'. I also use food. Those who know me, know I've struggled with good eating habits for a long time. But... I am starting to really believe and realize that food does not help me to deal with these feelings. I always knew this, but I didn't KNOW this. Like... Duh... I know food doesn't help me to feel my emotions and solve conflicts I have in relationships. I am finally really coming to a deeper understanding of how I used food to AVOID my feelings and emotions. That food by all means was my escape. Then I could just feel the feeling of guilt for over-eating and avoid all the rest of my feelings.

Anyway... I'm done with that topic for now.

My kids are doing great! I am really recognizing how much they tell me they love me. It's starting to freak me out a little. LOL... not really I think we all enjoy being told that we are loved. I also really enjoy the time I spend with my kids as I am putting them to sleep. I remember as a single mom I just wanted them to lay down and go to sleep immediately so that I could have some peace and quiet time for me. Now... I love that they want to talk to me and tell me about their day as we are laying there getting ready to go to sleep. I love cuddling and holding them as they drift off to sleep.

I've had a great week! One of the messages I've learned and repeated to myself over and over this week is... Take it one day at a time and focus on the positive messages to be learned and lived by not the negative.

No comments: