My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, February 25, 2007

He Loves Us

So... It's Sunday and I usually am excited to go to church, but not so today. I don't know why, but I was even thinking of skipping it today and just going to Sacrament meeting, because Whitney was singing.

As I was getting my kids ready, I knew that I should go too. It's great that I did. Our lesson was about how He Loves Us. Both Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. That even when we stumble and experience temporary setbacks, He still loves us.So, so, SO many thoughts were flowing through my mind, but one that was really important is that I came to understand what will make me feel and act better. Instead of looking to outside influences and external things to make me feel better, I need to look internally. I need to start REALLY communicating with my Heavenly Father. I need to take time each day to say my prayers and thank him for all my many blessings. And... in times of need and strength, I need to ask Him. I need to STOP and THINK about how He loves me and always will.

I often feel bad, because my kids don't appreciate me. Well, I am not appreciating my Father in Heaven nor My Savior. It was also brought up in this lesson how Satan's greatest tool is weakening our self worth. When we are hard on ourselves, it is exactly what he wants to drag us down and feel worthless.

Another thought... "Do we frequently reject the Lord's love that He pours out upon us in much more abundance than we are willing to receive? Do we think we have to be perfect in order to deserve His Love?" Wow! That's what I think sometimes. I often don't want to pray, because I have too much to ask for. But... that is what this life is about. I need to develop a better relationship with My Heavenly Father. His bond with me, is just like my bond with my children. I need to honor and cherish that bond.

So... I am very proud of myself for going to church today. I feel much stronger and uplifted. That is one good thing I did today. And.. although we are supposed to keep the Sabbath Day Holy, I did run over to Barnes and Noble to get some books, so that I wasn't bored and ate. I was already starting on my comfort foods: bread and popcorn. I am really glad that I was able to redirect and get out of the house.

I went swimming yesterday. Yippee! Very proud of that! I am going to jog right now. Then, take it easy the rest of the day and read my new books.

I really do believe life is good and that we can overcome our trials. It's not easy, but it's worth it.


I am working on inserting links. For now here's the article link.

http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg/menuitem.b12f9d18fae655bb69095bd3e44916a0/?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=87f20d034ceae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

No comments: