My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scary Quote...


"I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance."
Reuben Blades

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many thoughts about this quote, but I will share just 1 right now:

I think this quote is true, but as for me and my SANITY... There are simply times I HAVE to be ignorant or I would shoot myself. There IS a lot going on in this world, and when I am really paying attention and trying to help, I find myself feeling even MORE helpless and in the depths of despair. SO... Yes! We have the potential to be the best informed, but there is still so much we simply CAN NOT do as we try to help. Allow people to cope as they may and at times that may mean being... ignorant.


No comments: