My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

*Motivated*

Shhh... don't tell anyone, but I'm not really motivated right now to be training for my next Ironman. I have had some physical problems and have not been feeling well. I am still working out about an hour a day. I think this will be a real learning year, and I am really understanding the meaning of OFF~SEASON.

With that said... I am very motivated to teach right now. I am getting in the groove and really starting to understand and appreciate this CRAZY class I have this year. It has been a very challenging year.

So... I've had to make a lot of adjustments. Mostly just mental adjustments on my part. I feel like this group of students need an extraordinary amount of attention, that I physically can't give them all. It makes me feel overwhelmed and sad. I try to focus on the positive adjustments we've made and press on.

I really LOVE these students, and I often think the hardest classes and the ones that make you work the most can also be the most rewarding. I am teaching after school 3 days a week. I feel really good about it, but it does take a lot of time away from my family and training.

No comments: