My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update #10

I just got back from my triathlon!!! It was OK... I was a little disappointed. After my last month's Olympic Tri, I thought this one was going to be a walk in the park. LOL... I was a little WRONG!!! I definitely under~estimated it. Here are my results: Overall Female = 7th out of about 230 Age Group = I got the 2nd place medal, even though... the top 3 don't get age group medals and 2 out of the top 3 were in my age group, so I was actually 4th in my age group. I haven't gotten all of the official times yet, but I know about what my times were: My swim time was about 14 minutes. The water was WAY COLDER than I thought it was going to be. I wished I had my wetsuit, but I decided not to get one yet. I am going to wait and see if they go on clearance after the season. My dad said he'd buy me one, but I just worried too much about the price $500. The water was also a lot choppier than my last tri. Lots of waves and a lot more people kicking into people. I felt like every time I took a breath I was getting water in my lungs. I was 3rd out of the water. BIKE = about 45 minutes. My bike felt YUCKY! I haven't ridden much, because I've been working and haven't had much time. Boy Oh Boy did it show. RUN = about 24 minutes. Probably under 8 minute miles. WOO~HOO!!! I drank WAY too much water and energy stuff. My belly felt all jiggly and I felt bloated. Although my run time was really good for me. OVERALL... I am so happy I did this tri! I am so, so, SO GLAD I just did the sprint. It was challenging enough and for the way I felt today... I am so glad I wasn't doing the longer one. Plus my knee was NOT an issue at all. It's usually just on the longer runs. YIPPEE!!! Get to go Relax now!

No comments: