My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Skiing...

My husband and I went skiing yesterday, and it was really great! We had free passes, so we didn't have to feel like we had to get our money's worth. So, we casually skiied for about 2 hours and that was it! I am not even really sore today, and I thought I would be because my thighs were burning even during that 2 hours.

We went out for a nice lunch, and I came home and took the kids out to the movie Horton Hears a Who! It was ok. My son liked it a lot and so it was worth it. We were driving there and were going to be a little late, and he was very worried about missing the previews. LOL! I couldn't believe it. I was like, "Buddy they are just commercials." He said, "I know! I LOVE the commercials. I want to see what movies are coming up." Ok... so you learn something new every day.

I've stayed really busy the last few days, which I thought would make "food" and "eating" a lot easier. Well... it DIDN'T! I don't know if I was forgetting to let God in and thank him for all that he has helped me with. Or... if I was forgetting to slow down and meditate. Nonetheless... the last few days have been a little difficult. I am HAPPY to report that I am still abstinent (11 days).

1 more thing, my daughter really likes this song, and I've struggled a little worrying about whether or not it was appropriate, but to be honest I like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgDBZLFHO4


1 thing that has helped the last 2 days that I would like to remind myself again is:

GO TO BED! I must go to sleep when I am tired. I've gone to bed still at 9:30 the last 2 days, even though my kids are still awake. I go lay down in my son's bed and just wait for him to climb in with me around 11:30. They have been out of school on spring break this week.

No comments: